Monday, June 18, 2012

Pulling out of the parking lot of that same flea market I saw what I think is one of the best sightings ever recorded on this blog. Ever. It was a pinkish 1959 Cadillac Eldorado. It was a bit rusty in some places and the mounds of chrome were a bit pitted but it was exactly matched the pictures in my car book. It leaned a bit to the right. I think either there were more people on that side of the suspension was a bit broken. The fins were even more dramatic than the pictures in car books could show. The sets of red tail lights on each fin  were used as blinkers and they worked in pairs. The car had trouble turning on some of the switchbacks in the road because it was twenty feet long. That's about two smart cars long. I think that they were one of the best Cadillacs of the fifties. The tail lights were very bright. It is one of my three favorite fifties production cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment