Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The new Corvette Stingray is going into production in 2014! Okay, okay, I know I'm a bit late on posting about this, but I only just read about it. I've been to busy reading about old cars to read about new ones lately. For some reason (don't ask me why, I don't know), they have been selling them to a select few people now, even though it's only due to be released in 2014. I believe that Jay Leno got one. I also think that Motor Trend got one and wrote an article about it. I saw pictures of it- I think it looks best in red. The carbon fiber Targa roof on the hardtop is, well, carbon fiber, so it's Greyish-black and looks very good with a red body.
Here is the first generation Corvette Stingray:                    

And you can look up pictures of the new C7 yourself.

"We wanted technologies that actually enhance the driving experience" said Tadge Juechter in a Motor Trend article. I'm not sure who he is aside from that he has something to do with the new Corvette. I think he's like a GM executive or something.

When testing the Dodge Viper against the Corvette ZR1, the Corvette beat the Viper by about 2 seconds. 2.07 seconds, really. Motor Trend said "I can't think of two other direct competitors that are so eually matched, so equally designed, so equally sadistic." They also said, "Very few cars are as angry as these two, as fast as these two, and as scary as these two. That said, the Viper's meaner." By which they meant that the Viper was less refined. The Corvette is faster, but it, as opposed to the Viper, can be driven instead of tamed. Now all you Viper fans out there, take no offense. I like the Viper a lot. I think of it as a modern reincarnation of the Carrol Shelby's AC Cobra. But the Corvette was the original American sports car. And it gets better gas milage. (;

No comments:

Post a Comment